Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cricut Cake Class Scheduled


Jessica here!

Have you seen the adorable cakes popping up all over the internet decorated with the Cricut? I have and I am loving the creative designs. Using your Cricut to decorate a cake really allows our creativity to shine and I love that.


My name is Jessica Remington and I am going to be teaching a Cricut Cake decorating class at Precious Treasures in June.

Who am I and why would you want to take my class? I’ve been decorating cakes since 2007. That also happens to be the year I got my first Cricut. I’ve been trained in depth by Linda McClure, the creator this awesome technique. She also trained Carrie Biggers (as seen on the HSN debut of the Cricut Cake), Jennifer Atwood, and Two Sweet Southern Ladies (all of whom have appeared on TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off while using the Cricut Expressions on their cakes!). I’ve also been using my Cricut to decorate cakes since early 2009 (the idea was born at my dining room table as my mother, Linda, played around with my Baby Bug and some gum paste as she visited after the birth of my third child…she promised me a new Cricut if she broke my machine LOL) and I have found it has transformed my work!


If you don’t have a Cricut Cake but still want to take the class, please do! All you need is a deep cut blade and a mat dedicated to cutting gum paste, and you too can make these beautiful cakes with your Cricut, or any electronic cutter!


My first Cricut cake decorating class will only be $50 and include basic gum paste preparations, hands on training, and a 6 inch cake covered in fondant that YOU will decorate, so you can brag to your family and friends about the awesome cake YOU created!

No comments: