Tuesday, January 29, 2008

ETCHING ACRYLIC ALBUMS

I am hooked on acrylic!!! I tried etching acrylic with Magic Wand (a type of engraver sold at P.T.'s). It came out awesome. You can use the acrylic sports albums and then put your child's number or school monogram on the front. You can also do just an outline and color in the middle or etch the whole area. I just made a template by cutting out an accucut letter. You could put a whole name or saying on an album also. Next Monday when I imprint I am going to see if the acrylic is imprintable. These are large albums about 8 inches and they have chipboard pages inside. VERY popular!

See photos. (on the "N" the film on the back of the acrylic is still on so it would show up in the picture and the reason it looks hazy. Top left corner shows how you can etch the whole letter. If you atch the shole letter you could rub and ink pad or marker on it and the color would stay where it is etched.






No comments: