Thursday, July 3, 2008

A VERY SAD POST AND PRAYER REQUEST

I am very sorry we were closed yesterday. I had come in to work and got a call they wanted me to come to Fremont as our pastor and his wife wanted me there with them. We had been missing quite a bit of things in our house and suspected the person who was cleaning for us. I was positive she was taking things is when my purses started showing up missing. (thought you all would get a kick out of that as I KNOW my purses) We finally were able to prove it with hard evidence and it just made us sick. On the days I am off she would even help me organize closets etc. and I was so thankful to have her help. The days I was not there she obviously loaded her car with our stuff. Yesterday I had to go to Fremont to go through her house which was VERY hard and and she also cleans for our pastor and his wife and they also had to go with me. Liz has to go tonight as there are a lot of her clothes there. Totalling what just our family got back already it was over $100,000.

We just loved her like one of the family and that is what made me so sad. She eats meals with us when we are home, prays with our family, plays board games with our family etc. She goes on missions trips etc. with her church. I am still just so in shock that I feel numb inside as my whole life I thought I was a good judge of character. We struggle as to press charges or not as we believe it is an illness as she took things she did not even need like lots of shoes that are 2 sizes too big for her etc. Until we decide what we are going to do we are requiring her to be evaluated by a psychiatrist to see what they can tell us.

PLEASE be in prayer for her to get the help she needs. Also please be in prayer for our family and for our family as this has been so very hard on us all.

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Amy.. I am so sad to hear this! I am sure you feel SO extremly betrayd! I cant even imagine. I have had things happen before (not to this extreme) where I have had to question myself .. and my judgement because I found out something about that person, I would not have imagined in a million years. It's such a horrible feeling.. because I... like you always think I can trust my instincs and also that I want to believe the best in everyone.
The voilation you must feel also... because it was "your things".. "your home" .. not to mention.. your trust. I'm sure you all are feeling betrayed!
You are such good people .. I'm so sorry that you and your kind ways were taken advantage of.
Sending you hugs and keeping you in our prayers.