Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SIGN UP NOW FOR CRICUT GYPSY AND DESIGN STUDIO CLASSES

Hello, Precious Treasures fans! This is Veronica Rosman, the Cricut instructor here at PT. I just wanted to let you know that I've posted my Cricut classes on http://www.ptdiva.com/, and I have decided to divide the Gypsy and Design Studio class into two seperate classes. The Gypsy class is next Friday night, 6/11 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Design Studio class is Sat., 6/19 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Also, I have a Beginning Cricut and an Advanced Cricut class this coming Friday night, 6/4. See the calendar for times and details.


So, if you took one of my early classes, then may remember me saying that I wasn't a big fan of the Design Studio. Well, I try hard to admit when I'm wrong, and I was totally wrong about the Design Studio. I have actually used it with my Cricut more lately than just my Cricut alone.


Why have I changed my mind? Well, several reasons. But the big one is the Hide Contour function. Basically, you can take a Cricut image and tell the software to tell the machine not to cut certain lines.


Here is a picture of a title thingy I made a week or two back using the Summer Vacation cartridge. I used the Design Studio to weld the suitcases together and then select only certain sections to cut one at a time so I could use certain papers for certain sections.


I'd love to show you how to do this and more with the Design Studio, and/or the Gypsy. Just sign up for one or both of the two new classes by calling the store at (402) 727-7706.
Also, if you have a Gypsy, I encourage you to visit the Cricut.com website. There is a new update for the Gypsy that gives you the same Hide Contour feature as Design Studio, plus you can now upload pictures onto your Gypsy so you can see the photos as you are cropping. Also, you can upload page sketches and layouts and take them to crops with you! Check it out! ~ Veronica

No comments: