Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

The store has been swamped this week, between Heartland Hoppers and Christmas Shoppers. My feet are aching. Liz and I went and got pedicures tonight as we had a gift certificate to use up and if I were rich I would get one at least once a week as they feel so good. Liz is getting all dolled up for her 16th birthday party Friday night. We are taking a dozen kids to the Old Market for Dinner and then to the Chris Tomlin concert. He is a christian artist which I was very proud of her as that is what she wanted to do for her party.

We had three different people at different times today come in to shop and all were from Kansas City. I had to chuckle as they were coming here to Christmas shop and our family in the past has gone many times to Kansas City to Christmas Shop. I love the JC Penneys outlet there. Omaha has grown so much that there is not much the Kansas City has that we don't anymore. We just need a Rain Forest Cafe. My daughter and I travel to Chicago at least every other month as she wants to shop and I just miss the city. I grew up right in Washington D.C. and am a city girl. Chicago is awesome as the lakes there you cannot see across so it is just like seeing the ocean. I told Liz we need to get a trip with all our diva girls from the store. That would be a blast!

No comments: