Monday, November 5, 2007

COSTCO


Today I checked out the new Costco store in Omaha. Oprah always talks about Costco so when I knew one was coming to Omaha I was thrilled. Obviously Oprah has not been to Sams Club. Costco did have some better clothing items and toys but the rest of the store I think Sams has a bettter selection and prices. I went to check out cupcakes for Liz's 16th birthday and they did not even have cupcakes. I did buy quite a bit as I wanted to try come of their own brand products which is called "Kirkland". So far tonight we just opened the guacamole and it was very good. The milk there comes in sort of a cube container. I did like those as they fit in a side by side fridge nicely. We go through a gallon or two of milk per day around our house so if we can fit more in the fridge, as Martha would say "that's a good thing".


One of the things that is a drawback for me is for business memberships you can get in Sams a 7am so I can go before work. Costco does not open until 10am.


Just so you know, you do not have to join to check out the store. Just tell them you are coming in to look around. To buy you do need to join.

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, before I head for Canada. Hope your feeling better Amy! Jan and I were talking about you this weekend ( were your ears ringing?)lol... it was all good!
I'll be back next Tuesday.