Saturday, December 8, 2007

A NEW PUPPY

For those of you who do not know. We had to put our Bassett Hound Lucy to sleep last week. She was 11 years old. That breed usually lives to about 10 so Lucy lived a very full life.

Since it was so hard on everyone hubby said he did not want a new puppy. The kids have been so sad with Lucy though. I have been talking back and forth with a guy inIowa to try to pick out a puppy to give the kids for Christmas. She will only get 5 pounds which I have never had a small dog. Lucy weighed 60 pounds so it is a big difference.

After discussing the idea of a tiny dog with hubby, he will let me get it if I can find a way to pay for it. (dogs are so expensive now). I paid $85.00 for Lucy and she was an AKC Bassett Hound. That was 11 years ago though. I will be hunting tomorrow for things to list on ebay to try to pay for a puppy. I think it would really help Liz as she has been so depressed since Lucy was put to sleep. That was her dog ever since she was little.

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh... I'm sorry about Lucie. It's so hard to loose a faithful pet after that long. Your new little puppy is ADORABLE ....and I'm sure will brighten everyones mood! CUTE!!!