Sunday, December 23, 2007

TROPICAL WINTER TREAT smoothies

My father in law buys most of our groceries to help us out and gets things by the case as he works at a grocery store. Well this month we got a case of canned pineapple and a case of Mandarin oranges. I wondered what I could do with it all. Well I made it into smoothies and the kids love them I make it by the gallon and store in the fridge.

Tropical Smoothies:

1 can pineapple
1 can Mandarin oranges (or orange juice concentrate)
1 can coconut milk
1 banana
sugar or sugar free sweetener to taste

Mix all in the blender and store in fridge. When you want a smoothie just mix with ice in the blender or my kids love to scoop up snow (white) and mix with it. It is full of vitamin C and good for the kids. My teenagers will even drink them in their morning rush.

No comments: