Monday, March 10, 2008

SUNDAY IN THE HOSPITAL

Saturday night I was getting chest pains and I woke up Sunday and they were worse. I made it to church at 9:30 and by 10:30 I could not take the pain and more and got taken to the emergency room. I thought I was having a heart attack. They ended up saying it was muscle spasms due to stress. I ended up spenfinf the whole day there so they could monitor my heart. They gave me muscle relaxers and pain medication and told m to rest so I am in bed today working on book work on my laptop.

I think what started it is I had worked by myself Saturday as Liz has been at show choir competitions and we were busy non-stop from 8:30 am which was a great day! Thank you to all of the customers that came that day. But, it was also the twins birthday and they were all I could think of. Trevor finally came in at 3 and worked the rest of the night and I took the twins to dinner. It is hard to hire people as paper as paper and scrapbook supplies are cheap and for a scrapbook store to survive as long as we have we just cannot afford salaries. Trevor and I have never even taken any pay. I pay Liz and Rosemary when they work but it usually comes out of my pocket. I give gift certificates and supplies to people who volunteer at the store as they are greatly appreciated. We just keep taking all the money and putting it back into the store to be able to offer you more. Hopefully the business will keep growing that someday we can hire people.

If you are thinking of opening a hobby store it is a business of service to the community and love of the hobby only. I love to help people preserve their photos for generations to come. I love all of the wonderful people I meet. I look forward to coming to work every day. Thank you to each and every customer, you all are such blessings.

No comments: