Thursday, August 21, 2008

HAIR BY GG

I just love Gloria. She is the sweetest lady! She moved here from California to be closer to her grand kids and she had a salon there for 13 years. She opened on like 170th and center. If you are facing Bakers grocery store she is in the same strip mall and just around the corner to the left.

I have dreamed of having long hair as ever since I was little I had to keep it short as it is baby fine and when I sleep it bunches up in the back. I cant curl it very often as it breaks. Gloria has helped me so much and my hair is longer than it has even been my whole life. When I was in there Saturday she just cut it as she did not have time for color. So she came in Monday on her day off and I spent all afternoon with her talking and she was "decorating" my hair. I just love it. She did multiple colors on it this time as she said the more different colors the thicker it will look. I asked her to do one of the colors gray so it would blend in but she said my hair was too fragile to do gray highlights. bummer! (see picture) She said she goes to training several times a year as she always likes to keep up on what is new. She is very reasonable also.

Her husband is also a sweetheart and helps her at the shop. They are going to Cancun Saturday for their 40th wedding anniversary so she will have the shop closed next week if you try to call just leave a message. He alwaays calls her "love". It always pulls on my heart strings to see how they interact.

She had a photo album sitting out and I went through her pictures and she is good friends with Paul Mitchell and his wife! WOW! She just went on a trip this summer to see them. She never ceases to amaze me and she is so down to earth. She also supports local schools and charities. I hope you give her a try!


I LOVE how my hair came out!!! Not a great picture of it as I had Ruth take one when I was taking her to school this morning. Oh and that is one of those necklaces everyone has been asking more and we just got some in and will be getting a bunch more from the artist next Wednesday. (she is a mom from Lincoln)




Gloria is on the left with Paul Mitchell and his wife.

No comments: