Wednesday, August 20, 2008

MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL

Hard to believe I have been out of high school for almost 25 years now. YIKES I feel old. I heard from a friend I went to high school this morning and it made my day. It is funny after all these years high school still seems like yesterday as they were the best times of my life. I grew up on the east coast and my high school was in Washington DC and called "School Without Walls". It was a high skip program school that was part of George Washington University. I miss the east coast a lot. I loved when we lived in Virginia Beach until Junior High. I would love to move back there but I would never get Trevor out of Nebraska as he is corn-bred through and through. LOL

We moved to Washington DC as my dad was transferred. DC was a very rough area and in junior high one year I was the only white girl in school and blonde to top it. I am not prejudice at all but it was a very rough school. You could not even go into the bathroom during the day. I worked hard to try to get into School Without Walls. I still keep in contact with many of my friends. Liz and I went back a couple years ago and the school was unlocked and we went in and talked to a lot of the staff. It was so much fun! We went to the deli across the street and it was funny as the same guy works there that was there when I was in high school. Liz really liked seeing where I went to school and seeing where I grew up. We went by my old house and I showed her all my old hangouts. We even went up to Ocean City Maryland as I would go there with friends a lot. It has a wonderful boardwalk and a great beach.

A bunch of my friends on the front steps of School Without Walls. I had a LOT of great times on these steps in front of the school hanging out with my friends.

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

I swear girl.. you are just full of suprises. I had no idea you werent from around here. Dont know why I thought you had always lived here? Interesting info.
Cat and I SO wish we could have made it over to the store..but I wasnt about to callyou to come over on your day off. As many hours as you work already.