Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY!

We worked until dark on the yard last night and we got all 14 flats of flowers planted. (my back is killing me today) Diva and Daisy got to play in the yard and needless to say they both needed baths when they came in. I also tried to clip their nails which did NOT go well. :( Diva was fine with it but Daisy was terrible. I am all scratched up from trying to clip them. If anyone has any tips, email me.

As you can see from the photo, Zacheus was a big helper working in the yard. This is my butterfly flower bed and I finally get to put flowers back in it. Our old dog would dig them up so I finally gave up. I like to plant marigolds in it as it looks like a big monarch butterfly when it fills in. I got the idea from a friend years ago who has a scrapbook store in O'Neill Nebraska. She also gave me the idea of taking an old iron bed and then build the sides up with timbers and it looks just like a real bed, a "flower bed". I have gotten as far as getting the bed frame which has been sitting behind my shed for a few years. Now that I can have flowers in the back yard I may get it done.

Thank you for all the emails on painters. I have a couple coming to give me estimates tomorrow night. The carpet and tile guy came this morning to measure. It is all falling into place. I just hope they can get it all done before Pauls graduation party. I also hope we get our tax rebate soon as I already have spent it all. :) hee hee


No comments: