Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MY BABY BOY IS OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL

Today Paul just had a half a day of school and he is now officially out of high school. Paul has had a very tough 12 years and just two years ago he was ready to drop out of school as he said he knew he wanted to be a mechanic and did not see a use for school. We looked into it and found that Diesel Mechanics were the highest paid mechanics and Elkhorn Schools REALLY helped us out a lot by getting Paul into a Diesel Mechanics program a year earlier than their normal dual enrollments students. It kept Paul in high school when he would have dropped out. His senior year he even made honor roll! He has really matured this last year of school.

Paul now just has his electives to finish up and he will have his degree. He also got a full scholarship from Waste Management if he wants to get a better degree. I am so VERY PROUD of him and he has turned out to be the most wonderful young man. (I am not just saying that because he is my son) From the picture below it is hard to believe I used to be able to carry him like a football in one arm. He is now 6 foot 4, size 16 shoes.

I love that boy with all my heart and he will always be my baby boy....

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Amy... I totally understand! It's just so overhelming to think about isnt it? Time just speeds by... so fast!