Friday, May 9, 2008

FLOWERS

It felt so good going out and planting flowers last night. I cannot wait to get off work and go buy more to plant tonight. My bleeding hearts finally took off this year. I planted them a few years ago and wondered each year if they would make it. I love bleeding hearts and blue bells as we had this neighbor when I was a kid that had them all over their backyard and I thought they were just the most beautiful flowers. I also love Poppies also but still having trouble getting them to grow. Steph (http://www.simplyliving.blogspot.com/) is a master gardener and she is trying to get them going for me. I have tried about a dozen spots in my yard and they never take off. If anyone has any you want to get rid of let me know. A friend gave me a bunch of iris' and they also are taking off this year. I think we had so much snow this year that has helped with moisture this spring.



Photo take May 9 in the am.

No comments: