Sunday, August 31, 2008
What a game last night. Now that is the Nebraska we all remember! Nebraska beat Michigan!!! Nebraska 47, W. Michigan 24: Joe Ganz threw four touchdown passes. The boys looked excited about playing which was great to see after the Coach Callahan Catastrophe.
If you have been in the last few days I have been looking a little green under the gills. I have been sick since Thursday and not getting better and not keeping anything down still and at times am doubled over in pain. It ends up I have salmonella food poisoning. The last thing I ate was a salad with grilled chicken on top from Mimi's Cafe last Thursday night so the chicken must have been bad. I got two prescriptions from the doctor so please say a prayer I am feeling better by tonight as I REALLY want to crop tonight.
I hope when I get to feeling better I will not wonder why I put so much on the sidewalk sale. hee hee We have soooo much on sale! 50% off or more. Below is a photo of Daisy from this morning as she has liked it that I slept in and was laying right on top of me to try to keep me from getting up. She does not know she only weighs 4 pounds. hee hee
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Posted by Precious Treasures at Saturday, August 30, 2008
Ti is the most wonderful lady! She is a friend that lives in Sioux City and so very tallented! She was in town today to pick up some of her special orders and brought me a little gift and instructions and supplies to make more for the Scrap Pink raffles. It is the cutest Diva skeleton!!!!
Posted by Precious Treasures at Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
You do not want to miss out on the sidewalk sales this weekend. It will start tomorrow at 10am. We have been filling box after box and it will all be 50% off or more! If you need a scrapbook tote or cart, laptop bag etc you should be here at 10:00 am as there will be lots. The store may look a little bare for a bit as so much will be going outside tomorrow as we are chnging the layout of different departments. There has never been a better time to save. Don't miss it!
- tonic scissors (my new favorite)
- Alcohol ink or stickles case by tim holtz
- ink pad case by tim holtz
- embossing ink pads and reinkers
- all the staz on ink colors (reorder)
- all the stampers anonymous new Tim Holtz stamp sets.
A customer that came in today wanted me to post these again as she bought a glue glider. Below is my glue glider that I decorated with Glitz frosting jewels and fusion spray paint.
The bottom is our customer Abby's cricut which she took apart and painted. It is amazing!
This month with the crop funds we bought 3 more leather padded chairs for the crop room which are suppose to be delivered today. We charge $1 per hour to crop on Saturday and Sunday during the day. We stopped charging on the weekday daytime as we wanted to help stay at home moms. But some have been kind and brought toilet paper, candy and even kleenex. Every bit helps. The candy bowls are still on the crop tables, do not worry. :)
I am soooo... excited as our back door never opens for me and with 22 trash cans in the crop room that need empties constantly they have to be driven around the back of the mall. Paul used to do it for me for $20.00 but he has a good job now and never needs money.
I am going to see what the new door looks like and if I can "pretty" up the back door area I would like for croppers to be able to unload back there. As of right now we let them drive up to the sidewalk out front but they still have to come through the store. My GREAT friend Tawnya said she likes to paint so maybe she will help me with it. (I know she reads this so this is a huge hint) LOL
It feels like fall this morning. brrr... I actually overslept as I was so cold and did not want to get out from under the covers. I am not as excited about fall coming as we had such a long horrible winter last winter. I have to check with ma and see what the farmers almanac says about this year.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
My friend Tawnya sent this too me. This survey was different than most of them I get so I thought I would share it. It is a good one to pass onto your friends.
1. Do you like blue cheese? LOVE IT!
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? never tried any drugs, I am goofy enough without them. :p
3. Do you own a gun? Yes and a very good shooter
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Caffeine :)
WHAT HAPPENED TO 5 & 6? Well 7 8 9, but I don't know about 5 & 6.
7.Favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Ice water then something with caffeine
9. Can you do pushups? I do not remember
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My ring with all my kids birthstones on it.12. Favorite hobby? Scrapbooking of course
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I hope not, they are in trouble if they do. LOL
14.. Do you have A.D.D? YES! to the extreme
15. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? Afraid to speak in front of others.
16. Middle name: Sue
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment... (1) Wish Trevor would quit snoring (2) I am so sick of all the election stuff on TV (3) I should be sleeping
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday.... Did not buy anything
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. (1) Water (2) tea (3) Milk
20. Current worry right now? medical bills
21. Current hate right now: the election
22. Favorite place to be? Spending time with my kids
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Had a bunch of friend over and bought a couple dozen cans of Silly String and it was the funniest thing ever!
24. Where would you like to go on vacation? New York City
25. Name three people who will complete this? (1) mom (2) liz (3) veronica
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Everyones
27. What color shirt are you wearing? black with pink flamingo PJ's
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried them
29. Can you whistle? Yes but only blowing in
30. Favorite color(s)? white and black
31. Would you be a pirate? No... they can be mean argh!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is stuck in my head. Mostly Christian praise songs
34. Favorite boy's name? Zacheus Trevor and Paul
35. What's in your pocket right now? no pocket
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Daisy and Diva fighting over chicken
37. Best bed sheets as a child? clean ones?
38. Worst injury you've ever had? 2 hystorectomys due to a quack doctor. Never go to Dr. Paige Berryman.
39. Do you love where you live? when it is clean
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? too many
41. Who is your loudest friend? Ginger
42. How many dogs do you have? 2
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I wish
45. What is your favorite book? Bible
46. What is your favorite candy? hot tamales yum!
47. What is your favorite sports team? ELKHORN FOOTBALL
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Legacy by Nicole Nordeman
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? surfing the internet for new scrapbook product and techniques
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I am sooo tired and my feet still hurt.
You get $250,000 worth of stickers in a divorce settlement!
One of my sales reps just called and asked me if I had heard of a certain sticker line as she was given the line by a lady who got $250,000 worth of the stickers in her divorce settlement and needed to get rid of them. I am not going to say who it is but they are animal stickers that were around when we started business over 10 years ago so they are pretty old stuff. I just thought it was funny to get stickers in a divorce. LOL
POEM STICKERS FOR...
- The fair
- 4H Pledge
- A Scrapbooker
- First Birthday
- A Quilter
- 4 H (different one with lots of sayings)
- breast cancer survivor
- timeless moments (reorder) These are wonderful clear stickers that tell what happened the year you were born.
- 25th anniversary
- 50th anniversary
- baby brother
Farm Animal Stickers 3 different types of stickers
Purse stickers (I could not resist)
Huge cruise ship 2 page spread paper
Also some cool papers that looks like textured crumbled paper. You willl have to see these. They would be great for cards as they look dimensional but they are flat.
It has been non-stop customers since I opened today. I am not unpacking any boxes until tonight as I HAVE to get to the bottom of my desk as since I have been busy unpacking my desk has gotten waaaay out of hand. :)
We will be open late tonight so we are going to try to get more boxes done. All of this new stuff makes me want to scrapbook. We are having a crop unitl midnight tomorrow and one Sunday till midnight or later. Remember labor day is Monday so we do not have to get up early. woo hoo!!!
DRUMROLL PLEASE.......Well the names have all been drawn and here are the winners.
Sara Churchill won a $25.00 gift certitficate to Precious Treasures Scrapbook Store
For all the avid scrapbookers that visited all 11 stores, a winner was selected for the Grand Prizes:
GRAND PRIZE #1 – a combined set of $25 gift certificates from each store, value $275, goes to Leah Hubard
GRAND PRIZE #2 – a weekend Scrapbooking Retreat at PJ’s & Pigtails, Stuart, Iowa, value $225, goes to Sarah Swift
GRAND PRIZE #3 – a $150 gift basket from Tinkering Ink, goes to Jacki Andrew - Home
GRAND PRIZE #4 - a Scrap and Stamp Gift Basket value $50, from Kathy's Scrapbooking Toys, includes product from Fiskars Punches, Best Creations and Daisy Bucket goes to Cathi Carlson,
Shop Hopper Tour Contest - a $50 gift basket from Tinkering Ink to username 'Patsy Pooh'.Who Loves Q?
Project Contest - A $50 gift basket from Quick Quotes to username 'kjhscorpio'
Just Meshing Around Project Contest - A $50 gift basket from Magic Mesh to username 'sjpierce77'
Congratulations to each of you.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
13 Things PMS Stands For:
1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweat pants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff
and my favorite one.
13. Potential Murder Suspect
The whole family came to the store tonight to help me unload boxes as I am getting worn out and we worked until 8:30 and my feet are killing me as I was in at 8 and have not sat down all day. The store will be changing a lot in the next couple weeks. We are getting rid of tons of stuff at at least 50% off so you do not want to miss the sidewalk sale as if it does not sell on the sidewalk sale it is all going on ebay as we need to move it out. The store will be even more organized and less crowded yet we will still have a HUGE selection.
ALL BRAND NEW SCRAPBOOK PAPERS FROM CHA SUMMER TRADE SHOW (STILL UNLOADING BOXES)
- 2 NEW DANCE PAPERS (FOILED)
- 2 DIFFERENT ICE SKATER PAPERS AND ONE IS FOILED
- LAS VEGAS
- MICKEY FULL BODY
- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
- HANNAH MONTANA
- MICKEY MOUSE SWIRL
- DISNEY CRUISE
- MICKEY MOUSE M red
- PURPLE AND BLACK MUSIC NOTE PAPER
- LOVE TO SCRAP PAPER
These stamps are HOT! Made for us scrapbookers as many are HUGE! They are new to the market and have taken over the stamping industry. They are a red rubber that some work with your acrylic blocks and some are a unity system mount. Come check them out. The price will amaze you as they are so inexpensive and they are stamp designs that are like no other companies. My favorite is the pregnancy set called "Cravings". We had a big supply but since they were selling so fast we got the whole lone. Here are the ones that came in today.
UNITY STAMPS: GRAB THE MICHAELS COUPON FROM SUNDAYS PAPER AND COME IN AND GIVE THEM A TRY. YOU WILL BE HOOKED! :)
- TIME FOR TEA
- A MOMENT OF TEA
- ROAD TRIP
- ITS A PARTY
- TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE
- FUN NIGHT OUT
- CONFETTI BIRTHDAY
- CUTE AS A BUG
- ALL ABOUT ME
- AMAZING ME
- SCHOOL ROCK STAR
- ECO CHIC
- CUPCAKES A'LA YUMMY
- DELECTABLE DELIGHTS
- GROWING IN UNITY
- HEY CHIC
- WILD AND CRAZY BUNCH
- FRIENDS FOREVER
- LOVIN FROM THE OVEN
- CHRISTMAS JOY
- CAMO ALPHABET (COOOOOOL)
- HOLIDAY CHEER
- BITTY CHRISTMAS TAGS (backordered but coming)
- EVERLASTING ROMANCE (A MUST FOR ANY SCRAPBOOKER)
- MY BIGGEST WISH
- MOVE MOUNTAINS
- SO & SO LOVES......
- AUTUMN BLESSINGS
- BUZZIN AROUND (CUTE)
- ALL SIZES OF BLOCKS
- HAVE A DIVA DAY
- HOT MAMA
- OLD SKOOL
2 brand new Nebraska papers came in
We carry most teams scrapbook kits, but these are just some that came in today as my husband thought people might want to do Nebraska on one side of the page and who they beat on the other. hee hee :) So we ordered the teams Nebraska is playing that we were out of stock on.
Texas A and M scrapbook kits
Colorado State scrapbook kits
Texas Tech scrapbook Kits
Baylor scrapbook kits
Oklahoma State scrapbook kits
University of Oklahoma scrapbook kits
University of Nebraska scrapbook kits
- Technique tiles in all sorts of sets. I did some at the crop Saturday night and LOVE THEM. Come check out the ones I did. They are so much better than chipboard for inking, painting etc. We also have a lot of diplays using their stamps.
- Wild at Heart
- Time Flies
- borderline nature
- when autumn comes
- my little princess
Tons of Creative Options Storage Containers. They have a good tight latch on them so not to spill like the Iris brand does. (I have Iris brand in my own crop room and why I have tried to find something better)
Well so far fed ex has only dropped off two boxes and UPS has not come. I got in at 8 today to try to get more boxes emptied and the new product on the sales floor. I am going to put all the boxes on Craigs list today so if you needed moving boxes call me as there are about 40 good sized boxes all flat.
- Cosmo Cricut ribbon packs
- Cosmo Cricut ribbons on rolls. (beautiful scaloped velvets) We got all the cosmo cricut lines to match.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I did not even get through even half of the boxes today and my feet are killing me. You have to check out the sidewalk sales this weekend as we are redoing the layout of several areas of the of the store and putting TONS on clearance so we can make our store even better for you. All is a minimum of 50% off. We have been listening to all the comments and trying to give you the kind of store you want.
Mall wide sidewalk this Saturday and Sunday.
Off to bed...nighty night
I will keep adding to this post throughout the day as I keep unloading boxes.
- 73 new styles of Jollee's (some really awesome ones)
- Simply Renee Clip it up, upper tier add ons, clips and dividers.
- diamond glaze, mini, regular and giant refills
- HANNAH MONTANA STAMP SETS (8 different styles)
- photo signature pens (all colors)
- crushed velvet fun flock (doodlebug) in black, white, blue and purple.
- Cricut cartridges storybook, animal kingdom, graphically speaking, indie art, home accents, our world, opposites attract, soccer, (ALL SPECIAL ORDERS)
- jollee pep rally (all items) in blacks, golds, reds, greens and blues.
- Jolee sports in all the colors also
- south dakota, florida, california and nebraska jet setters
- south dakota, florida, california and nebraska epoxy stickers
- south dakota jet setter
- waterpark saying stickers
- smaller size sepia accents, crackle accents and glossy accents. only $1.99 a bottle!!!
- mini misters, creat your own color sprays. Stop by and I will show you how. Save $$$
- tim holtz blending pads and foams
- Tim Holtz Ink Applicators (retail for $5.99) We negotiated a great price and selling them for only $3.99!
- 60 different colors of ranger tim holtz ink pads. We are your local full line Ranger Ink Store!! ( I love their products as the pigment is so high in them)
- Doodlebug acrylic stamp sets
- Hampton Art Acrylic Stamps
- Art Warehouse acrylic stamps
- Limited Edition Acrylic Stamps
- Value Ink pads
- Acrylic Blocks: dozens of sizes!
UPS and Fed Ex both came this morning and there is a total of 22 boxes! They are pretty good sized boxes if anyone needs moving boxes call me at the store 763-9675 and I hope to have them all unpacked by the end of the day. There are like 20 boxes that are for 12x12 storage containers that would be great for moving, organizing etc.
Monday, August 25, 2008
September will be our 11th year in Business as Precious Treasures. We are so excited and will celebrate all month long. During the month of September 2008 take 11% off your total purchase. *
*not good with any other discount. Excludes services, gift cards and nd items.
The Art Moms cards have gone so well we upgraded from a 12 slot rack to a 24 slot rack and will probably be up to the 48 card rack by November. These cards are so popular and are made by a local artist. We also will be getting so adorable scrapbooking themed wooden wall pictures in November also. If you want any custom items from them let me know as they can brings them all down at once and save on shipping as they do the Qwest Center Craft show at that time.
I have given Liz $170.00 for antifreeze recently to find out she has been putting it in and it has been leaking out. I had Paul look at it on Sunday and she needed a whole new radiator. Thank the Lord for his blessing of being a mechanic as when can you get a radiator put in on a Sunday night with a smile? He got it put in and Liz is back on the raod again so look out!
I worked from 8am until 1:00 am on Saturday so Sunday I was looking forward to a shorter day as I only had to work from 11:30 to 6:30 and planned on taking it easy Sunday night as I have been feeling a cold coming on.
On the way home I stopped at a road side stand which had the most beautiful vegetables! We always stop to get corn from the Roher twins who have a stand on highway 31 as their farm is just north of there on Q street. The boys are friends of my son Paul. They have the most wonderful corn so if you are out that way make a stop as it is YUMMY!
The stand I stopped at Sunday I had never been to but I will be back. I got lots of vegetable and even fresh honeycomb which the kids love. You chew it like gum. Look at the garlic, it is huge! I have never seen fresh garlic on a road side stand. I cannot wait to make dinner tonight.
Today Trev let me sleep in and got the kids off to school I just do not get colds as my lungs are very weak and I have asthma so after my 10 day hospital stay last November I really get scared with any sign of a cold and try to take it easy and load up on vitamins. I think my body is just getting used to working more hours as I sure miss Lindsays help at the store as she was so much help.
A beautiful drive home.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I had a customer who came in looking for corn paper as she was doing a layout for the Corn Castle in South Dakota. When I got up to the desk later there was a stack of paper on the counter and in it was the corn paper. I started putting all the paper in the computer and just did a "hold receipt" until she was ready. When she came up to check out she had a few pieces of paper in her hand which one was the corn paper. I added it to her receipt and it came to like $15.00. She paid for it and I stuck it in the bag with the other papers and handed it to her.
The bag had much more than she expected and she said "I only had these few pieces of paper and the rest is not mine". She stated with a smile "I thought it was very expensive paper but I did not care as it matched my layout!" I just had to laugh as I am the same way. I have something in my mind for a layout and if it will work I would pay any price.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
We have Diva Night tonight and a few spots left so come on out and join in on the fun!!!
Also Veronica is teaching intermediate scrapbooking and you will learn 8 new techniques and do a layout also. There is a class at 11:30 and 4:40. The cost is only $15.00.
Call 763-9675 and let us know you are coming.
SIGN UP IS NOW OPEN FOR SCRAP PINK! 100% fundraiser! Lets break all records with the biggest donation! Registration is now open for Scrap Pink. We are trying to make this a HUGE fundraiser for Susan G. Komen.
September 27th crop: To get you warmed up for the three day crop we will have an all day crop from noon -midnight on September 27 at the store and the cost is ONLY $25.00 for the day. This includes meals, snacks and a goody bags and other surprises!!!
October 3-4-5 crop: Pack your bags the Diva Crop girls are going on a road trip and even the Diva's in training are invited! This is held at Camp Kitaki and the cost is $100.00 for the two nights lodging, meals and cropping. This will go from 5:00 Friday to 5:00 Sunday. Call the store 402-763-9675 or Karen Smith 402-690-8662 to sign up. Several women are bringing their Diva's in training (daughters) with them to scrapbook also. Kids are half price. No age limit. You will share a table with them, just please just be sure they are a proper age to scrapbook for the three days.
*****We are trying to get everything donated so the fees will go to Susan G. Komen's Scrap Pink foundation . 100% of the profits is a donation for the cuase. If you want to donate we would love to hear from you. Any items accepted as we can always use prizes too! We could also use a couple volunteers to help prepare for the crops. If you cannot make it and just want to donate, make checks payable to Scrap Pink.
Our next Diva Road Trip crop will be November 21-23 at Camp Calvin Crest. Mark your calendars now. This one fills up very fast.
Friday, August 22, 2008
- OIF Iraq scrapbook kit
- desert storm scrapbook kit
- EF afghanistan scrapbook kit
- support our troops scrapbook kit
- army, navy, marines, air force dog tags
- army, navy, air force and marines wood stamp sets (look great embossed)
- SCRAPBOOK KITS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- WORLD WAR 1
- KOREAN WAR
- WORLD WAR 2
- ARMY NAVY
- AIR FORCE
- COAST GUARD
- We got in all the colors of the Tim Holtz adirondack color wash again. We sold out right away after our first order. We ordered more this time.
- 7 gypsies 4x6 photo spinners and everything top go with them including the office cards and the calendar cards. These are an awesome way to scrapbook. I have even seen people mixing the Teresa Collins die cut books with them.
Ideas for the 7 gypsies 4x6 photo spinners.
These make an awesome guys gift as they can put it right on their desk or dresser. There are calendar inserts for it and office themed ones. Put family photos in it.
Another idea is birthday/christmas cards. Just use the punch to punch each card to fit.
Teresa Collins papers will fit in them which you can do a holiday theme or baby theme.
Use for a wedding, bridal or baby shower. Give each person on to write well wishes on and then you can keep them forever in the spinner and mix them in with some photos.
I have had a lot of requests for extra long brads and have hunted high and low and found some finally. I ordered white so if you are one of the ones looking stop by and check them out and if it is what you want I can order other colors or you know you can make them any color with a sharpee, stickles, staz on or alcohol ink. ;)
A huge box of goodies!!!
- miniature playing cards, dominos, metal hangers, thermometers in three sizes, watch faces, all sorts of different shaped paper clips, hinges, sled charms, all sorts of brads and more!
- refills on all the slide mounts and even got the circle ones in this time.
- we got in more of those triangle shaped embellishments that you put a brad through one side and ribbons tie to the other.
- Lots of Mrs Grossmans stickers to put in our sticker binders
- ALL of Mrs Grossmans new ribbon collections
- metal dog tags in all colors
What a great ite for all those cute coffee mugs you get from people from their trips or mugs from friends etc. This idea was submitted by Erin Clarkson. Check out the Scrapbooks Etc. Magazine from January 2008 for more of her great tips and it is a great magazine if you ever want to start getting a scrapbook subscription.
We sell black, white and kraft colored chipboard and with our Grand Mark Accucut machine you can cut out letters and shapes.
- Use Adirondack Paint dabbers to cover or edge your letters. I have tried all kinds of other acrylic paints and nothing works better. The pigment is so high in the dabbers that it does not take very much and you will get good coverage. Others make the paper bubble or you have to put more coats so it looks "gloppy".
- Use ink pads or chalks to color them. You can even use more than one color ink pad for a painbow look of any color blending from one color to the next.
- Use metallic mist, glimmer mist or twinkling H2O's on them for a shimmering color.
- One of my favorites is covering them in papers to match my project. A favorite of mine is zip dry glue as it drys flat. Do not panic if it looks bubbley as it will dry flat. Cut your paper just a tad bigger than your letter, let dry and then use files to file off the edge. Always file away from you as not to tear the paper.
- You can cut one letter out of chip board and one out of card stock and layer them for a 3-d look.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
The mall is trying to get more business' out here and there have been a couple ideas on my mind that would be a great business opportunity for someone. If you have any interest e-mail us at email@example.com and we can put you in touch with the right person.
1. An adult designer consignment store. Low cost start up as you would do it on consignment. I had my own childrens designer consignment store before and could give you some pointers on getting it going.
2. Indoor year round flea market or craft booths. Where Chcicago Cutlery was the bay already has tables that are three tiered. I would rent out 31 spaces and have each person work one day as part of their contract. You can get video security cameras that can be seen on your computer at home and even on your cell phone so you would not have to be at the store unless you wanted to when someone else was working.
3. A ladies co-op like the Chick Market in omaha does. It is sort of like mixed booths. Each person brings in so much inventory and together it makes a complete store. Go check out the chick market on 18th and Pacific and you can see how they have done it.
And as ALWAYS we need a coffee shop or eatery out at the mall. So MANY people car pool from Lincoln and a coffee show would go wonderful out here. Especially like a scooters, crane or starbucks franchise.
We put the whole crayola line on the clearance rack including the color wonder products. Also added metal tins, some scrapbook tools, glitter glues and more embellishments to the sidewalk sale. We are working hard to clear a lot out next weekend for the labor day weekend sidewalk sale.
I just love Gloria. She is the sweetest lady! She moved here from California to be closer to her grand kids and she had a salon there for 13 years. She opened on like 170th and center. If you are facing Bakers grocery store she is in the same strip mall and just around the corner to the left.
I have dreamed of having long hair as ever since I was little I had to keep it short as it is baby fine and when I sleep it bunches up in the back. I cant curl it very often as it breaks. Gloria has helped me so much and my hair is longer than it has even been my whole life. When I was in there Saturday she just cut it as she did not have time for color. So she came in Monday on her day off and I spent all afternoon with her talking and she was "decorating" my hair. I just love it. She did multiple colors on it this time as she said the more different colors the thicker it will look. I asked her to do one of the colors gray so it would blend in but she said my hair was too fragile to do gray highlights. bummer! (see picture) She said she goes to training several times a year as she always likes to keep up on what is new. She is very reasonable also.
Her husband is also a sweetheart and helps her at the shop. They are going to Cancun Saturday for their 40th wedding anniversary so she will have the shop closed next week if you try to call just leave a message. He alwaays calls her "love". It always pulls on my heart strings to see how they interact.
She had a photo album sitting out and I went through her pictures and she is good friends with Paul Mitchell and his wife! WOW! She just went on a trip this summer to see them. She never ceases to amaze me and she is so down to earth. She also supports local schools and charities. I hope you give her a try!
I LOVE how my hair came out!!! Not a great picture of it as I had Ruth take one when I was taking her to school this morning. Oh and that is one of those necklaces everyone has been asking more and we just got some in and will be getting a bunch more from the artist next Wednesday. (she is a mom from Lincoln)
These are those little vintage flash cards I was telling you about that Vicki's cousin had at her party. She stopped by today and sold me a bunch of them and we have them individual or in whole packages. They are great for altered art, ATC cards, kids school pages and so much more. They take ink well and she said she even did some with alcohol ink and changed the whole color of the cards. What a great find!!! They also have a music D.J. and Karaoke business and do weddings and parties if you are ever looking for that service. Scott out here at the atrium has used them for wedding receptions and raves about them. (they are very reasonable also)
*If you are not local and want some of the flash cards call 402-763-9675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and put flash cards in the subject so it gets forwarded to me. They would be very inexpensive to ship.
We listen to our customers and from so many requests customers say there is not a rubber stamp store in Omaha Nebraska. So due to all the requests and weekly special orders we are extensively going to expand the rubber stamp department. We are carrying wood, acrylic and also the Unity Stamp systems. Keep an eye out for all the new ones we keep adding. If you have a request for certain stamps and we special order we give you 25% off.
We also are adding ALL of the adirondack lines including all the stamp pads, and embossing powders. We will be a full like Ranger Store. We already carry all the dabbers and stickles, liquid pearls, alcohol inks. The rest should be here any day! If you have not tried their ink pads stop by and let me show you what makes them so special and a Tim Holtz must have.
- Tim Holtz
- Crafty Secrets
- Technique Tuesday
- Bam Pop
- Stampington & Company
- All Night Media
- Heidi Swapp
- Teresa Collins
- Font Works
- Stampers Anonymous
- Lizzie Anne
- hampton art
- Scrappy Cat
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Hard to believe I have been out of high school for almost 25 years now. YIKES I feel old. I heard from a friend I went to high school this morning and it made my day. It is funny after all these years high school still seems like yesterday as they were the best times of my life. I grew up on the east coast and my high school was in Washington DC and called "School Without Walls". It was a high skip program school that was part of George Washington University. I miss the east coast a lot. I loved when we lived in Virginia Beach until Junior High. I would love to move back there but I would never get Trevor out of Nebraska as he is corn-bred through and through. LOL
We moved to Washington DC as my dad was transferred. DC was a very rough area and in junior high one year I was the only white girl in school and blonde to top it. I am not prejudice at all but it was a very rough school. You could not even go into the bathroom during the day. I worked hard to try to get into School Without Walls. I still keep in contact with many of my friends. Liz and I went back a couple years ago and the school was unlocked and we went in and talked to a lot of the staff. It was so much fun! We went to the deli across the street and it was funny as the same guy works there that was there when I was in high school. Liz really liked seeing where I went to school and seeing where I grew up. We went by my old house and I showed her all my old hangouts. We even went up to Ocean City Maryland as I would go there with friends a lot. It has a wonderful boardwalk and a great beach.
Posted by Precious Treasures at Wednesday, August 20, 2008
We are going to try to stay open on Thursdays later. Just always call on Thursdays to make sure we are there. I am usually open as there are classes going on in the crop room.
Speaking of classes.... You do not want to miss Veronica's class this Saturday. It is an intermediate scrapbooking class as you will be learning a LOT of techniques. Veronica teaches beginner, intermediate and advanced and they are great classes! (You know I am very picky on classes as I always want people to learn something new so you get your moneys worth).
Posted by Precious Treasures at Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
We went to see the movie Tropic Thunder at Village Point last night and it is soooo... funny! I would like to see it again as I had not really heard about the movie and it took me awhile to catch on to who everyone was. There were a lot of popular actors in it.
We had to make more room for all the new items coming in daily and we just put a TON of 7 Gypsies products on th 50% off sale. To make it fair they will be put out on the clearance rack starting Wednesday morning as I know there are many people who love 7 Gypsies. Come help us make room for more new items and SAVE!
The box just came and we ordered everything Jenni Bowlin had new at the CHA show which is BEAUTIFUL! There are mini bingo cards, black bingo cards, crepe paper ribbons, papers and embellishments in yellows, new stickers, chipboard and much much more! I am unpacking it now, come check it out!
LOOKING FOR MARY KAY, STAMPIN UP, CTMH, CREATIVE MEMORIES, UPPER CASE LIVING, PREMIER JEWELRY PRODUCTS?
Stop by the store as we have a card rack of lots of different home party companies. Many are stay at home moms and I always try my best to support stay at home moms and teachers! (They are the two most underpaid jobs around!) Veronica one of our teachers sells Mary Kay and even has samples for you to try in the Precious Treasures bathroom. (thank you Veronica) Also stop by and check out the new catalog.
- Ribbon puller bags that a local Gretna teacher is making.
- Crayon Bags that Tina another local gal is making. (make great gifts and only $12.00)
- We also are starting to carry another local ladies necklaces. These are the ones that have pictures between two pieces of glass and silver around the edges. Stop by and I will show them to you. We will be getting in Elkhorn, Gretna, and Nebraska ones soon and she also does custom ones with your pictures.
from 10am to midnight!
We will have teachers here to help you with ideas and techniques. There will also be lots of card idea books. As a bonus you will get 20% off your total supply purchase that day to help make your card making more affordable. (you can even do a little Christmas shopping with the discount)
There will be Christmas music playing and of course Christmas Cookies. There will even be some Christmas themed prizes!
Cost is only $25.00 for the day which includes lunch, dinner and snacks and we will give away prizes too. Call now to sign up 402-763-9675 (if you need to come back Sunday to finish up your cards it is just an additional $5.00 but no meals on Sunday (1:00-6:00pm) .
WOW! We got TONS of new custom papers in today for Gretna, Elkhorn and Ashland Schools and also LOTS of Omaha destinations, Mahoney, and even new cornhusker papers! These are from a new company that I wanted to try and REALLY like them!
We also got in Lizzie Anne Stamps. These are so cute and in all the magazines now. We already have samples done up with lots of them. Come check them out.
Hi, Veronica here... Last week, I had my first Cricut class at Precious Treasures. I was so excited, and I had very excited and creative students, sisters Sandy and Sally were thrilled with the class. They already knew the basics. We used the Disney cartridges and worked on doing layers. We also learned what more the cartridges can do besides just the basic shapes. You would be amazed at what all the "shift" button can do. Below are some pictures of what they created. They came out so cute... the pictures don't do them justice!
My next Cricut class is Sept. 9, but this Saturday I have several classes including an Intermediate scrapbooking, where I will teach about brads, eyelets, inks, chalks, sprays, paint, chipboard and magic mesh and other stuff. Please see the calendar at www.ptdiva.com for more details. I'd love to teach you, too. ~ Veronica
Monday, August 18, 2008
I did not make it to my favorie "junk" store in Fremont Saturday as I ran out of time and had to get back for the evening crop. But when I parked downtown to stop at the bead store I seen this in the window of one of the antique stores and HAD to get it. I had that same red headed bubble hair barbie when I was a child. When we moved to the east coast my parent let my dads mom store some stuff for us and she got rid of it. I loved that barbie and also had the old blonde one also. The red headed one my mom had given me and the blonde my aunt had given me. I wish I could find them again in a price I could afford as I would have loved to pass them down to my daughters,
The case will be treasured as it will always remind me of my old barbie doll. Back then we just had one or two barbies and TONS of beautiful clothes. Now you cannot even buy outfits unless you buy a whole new barbie.
Have you ever had a candle get too hot and crack the glass? I had one almost start a huge fire once and as much as I LOVE candles they make me nervous.
Liz and I ran to Gordmans yesterday and I found this candle holder and just love it as it is all contained, the top is a screen so the wonderful aroma of te candle can come out. I will be burning a lot more candles again. I am going to run back to Gordmans today and get one of these for the store also.
My favorite candles are the Barn Candle Brand ones as they smell soooo... good! They are made right here in Nebraska and sold at Precious Treasures!
I work 100 plus hours each week so a day like the day I spent at Vicki's was a dream day for me. It was so nice to have the day to relax. Although I had to leave early to get back to the store for the evening crop. It was a wonderful day!
Cats books will be for sale in our store here soon. She writes scrapbooking, altered art and sewing on paper books. She is such a sweetheart. She flew in from Maine. She has a son the same age as Zacheus. http://www.cmscanlon.blogspot.com/
This is one of the walls in Vicki's craft heaven. Look ow adorable everything is.
We cropped at the store until 2am, got to sleep by about 3:30 and back up at 7 as I had a very early appointment to get a hair cut. I had to take a picture as Liz kept bugging me to see what it looked like.
I think Vicki has more pens hthan we even carry at the store. WOW! I love just looking at them as the colors all together are art in themselves.
Vicki had made these candy sundaes for everyone. She gave me an extra one for Ruth and Ruth was thrilled!!! She will treasure it.. She also gave Ruth a box of ephemera and Ruth sat and looked at each little piece for a loooong time. She just loves Vicki (so do I) Vicki is such a beautiful person with the biggest heart.