Monday, November 24, 2008

CAMP CALVIN CREST PICTURES

(If you have photos from the weekend please email them to ptdiva@ptdiva.com to share as my batteries were dead so I just have what I took with my phone)
We ended up having 60 women cropping and we had so much FUN! For some reason our croppers always get a little rowdy. hmmm..... I wonder why? *wink* The Diva's know how to have a good time. Saturday night there was even dancing from the hustle, the Macarena, the Cha Cha slide and even some Kung Fu Fighting going on!


The classes were all excellent. The weather was beautiful, Nancy was a doll, the rooms were great, lots of hot water for showers, the Cricuts were a humming, and lots of laughter. AKA a PERFECT weekend!


Mark your calendars!!!


Our next 3 day crops at Calvin Crest will be


May 22-24 for National Scrapbook Day


September 18-20th for Scrap Pink


A $25.00 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot. We will all be in the main room for these crops. Balance due within 30 days of the crops. We are going to see if we can get Kit to come back and cook. She was the one who did our menu for Scrap Pink and the food was awesome!




Lots of wonderful prizes from Miss Nancy. For all of you that came, take note that Nancy buys those prizes and all the snacks out of her own pocket. She is such a sweetheart! precious Treasures also gave several prizes and 2 gift certificates to the camp for prizes.

This is my mom when she realized the white ball at lunch was rice. I did not even try mine as I seen a photo opportunity playing some rice ball with it. LOL I cannot wait to scrapbook the page about it. I told everyone up front that the food is like school lunches but NEVER as bad as it was Friday and Saturday, i did not even know the ball was rice until someone told me. We found out the normal head cook got called away on an emergency and the servers were trying to cook for us. Saturday night we all either went into town for dinner or ordered pizza as we were all getting so hungry. We went to Nifty 50's for prime rib and I do not know if it was because I had not eaten since Friday afternoon or what but it was sooo..... good!!

Sunday the head cook was back at the camp and the food was much better.



Rice Balls




Liz is our Diva Team pitcher. And it is out of the park!




You can nurse now with Coca-Cola



One of the pranks pulled was moving this rooms door signs with their names on it to the storage room door and moving a couch in front of their door. There were a LOT of pranks pulled and needless to say not much sleep. It was like a slumber party of 60 Diva's.




The cigarettes are CANDY! We stopped at Millers Drug store and they had all sorts of old fashioned candy. We were taking about those bubble gum cigarettes that had powder in them that you blow and it looked like smoke, remember those?? Thank goodness people do not smoke like they did when I was a kid.




These are CANDY cigarettes. And YES that is an invisible lighter in Tawnya's hand.. We all got VERY goofy this weekend.




A wonderful part of my weekend was running into Vicki at the indoor flea market when we drove into town Saturday for dinner. The Junktion is one of my favorite stores as you never know what you will find in there and Vicki is one of my favorite people. I am so glad we took a van to the Junktion as Tanya bought the cutest pink chair!

Miss Barb and her pink prize.

Comment left by Barb Kucera about the weekend: Well, I spent the weekend at "Camp".......scrapbooking camp......and boy was it like camp....or so I think.... I never actually went to camp as a child......But I could only imagine what it should have been like......so...of course there had to be a few little pranks.....such as...writing comments on other peoples door signs....as if Santa has been watching. There was also the "couch" getting moved in FRONT of my room door....not once but twice......... The text messages in the middle of the night......the "bugs" in the room.....banging on the walls & .....Mooning through the outside sliding glass door....which would have been better if they had actually seen it happen.........I wish a had taken a bungee cord, so I could have tied their doors together....Oh ....there was also the "Glitter Fairy" that farted.....hee hee hee and lets not forget to mention the "Snowball" fight...."rice"....that was undercooked & stuck together....Oh Man! I just remembered....I forgot about the water balloons! I had them in my car, but forgot to make them.....BTW I didn't really Moon the ladies next door....but they don't really know for sure.....

No comments: